How you can get involved:
- Stay connected by signing up to our listserv: We are still growing and primarily communicate with one another via email and social media. To stay up-to-date with all things Principles First, please be sure to sign up here.
- What you’ll get:
- Periodic updates about all things Principles First – including events, action items, and open letters we write and deliver to members of Congress
- What you won’t get:
- Emails from organizations other than Principles First – we don’t share or sell your information
- What you’ll get:
- Become a Citizen Signee of our Declaration of Principles: The more citizen signatures we get on our Declaration, the more powerful it will be in the eyes of politicians and the more they will listen. Help us hold them accountable by signing on.
- Contact your elected officials and tell them to put our principles first: The easiest way to take action is to pick up the phone and call your elected officials. It may not seem like much, but it goes a long way. You can look up your elected officials’ contact information here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials.
- Raise your voice online: Our movement began with a hashtag – and it is still rolling. Join the conversation online by tweeting or posting your ideas to #PrinciplesFirst.
- Join your state’s Principle First chapter: We are still growing, but we already have a number of state chapters hosting events and taking action at a local level. If you’ve signed up to our listserv, we’ll automatically connect you with those chapter leaders and get you plugged in. See if your state already has a chapter here (link to “Find Your Chapter” tab).
- Be a Principles First leader & organize locally: If your state does not have a Principles First chapter and you would like to help start one, let us know by emailing email@example.com and a member of our team will reach out to you directly.